Friday, January 24, 2014

How to make the "i love you" Valentine's Dish


I am doing a series of cute little dishes for every occasion.
Today I am going to give you a simple photo DIY lesson.

First, roll out some clay

Make a template for the dish and trace
(This template is used for many things I do)

Next, Pick out a stamp
(I made my own from my clay and just added a handle)

Now stamp it

I use a plastic cup to form the dish.  Just the right size
Make sure it is centered a lightly push in the center 

When the clay has dried (may take a day or two or three) then sand 
the edges round and sand the bottom to give it a flat base to sit

I use a shop vac to suck up all the clay dust off of each and every piece I sand.
Now you bisque fire, I do cone 04, then glaze or paint.
I use a paint brush to write the saying
then you apply a clear glaze and fire it again

Here you have it!

Great gift idea!
Wedding, Valentine's, Birthday, Anniversary, or Just Because...

Be Inspired

No comments:

Post a Comment