Monday, December 30, 2013

How to Design Plates on the Wall

Ok, I admit it....I saw this on Pinterest.  So, I decided to try it out.
It works! 

I used my giant roll of Heavy Kraft paper I use For shipping.  I traced each plate and kept the plate hanger on the back.  I then poked a hole in the paper where the hanger groove was so I would know where the bottom of the picture hook needed to be. I then crawled up the ladder 15 feet in the air and taped my templates to the wall.  Yes, I crawled up there many times to get everything in right position and even used a tape measure to try to make them somewhat even.  Not perfect mind you, but good enough for me.  
(At this point you can forget the gym cuz your buns are going to feel the burn for days)


Now the really big plate is really heavy.  I inherited it, along with all these other plates, from my Grandmother.  I was so tired of hiding it in a drawer or closet for the past 25 years.  My kids would have broken it.  So, I searched the internet for months and found this idea.  My husband had already thought of this, but I had to see it for myself before I believed him.
remove the springs and use super heavy 150lb duty zip ties

Heavy duty plate hanger

Now that 20 pound plate is secure and ready to go on a Painting hook that would hold an 150 pound painting.  Better to be over cautious in my opinion than devastated later on.
Bam!

No comments:

Post a Comment